The 2023-24 school year marks Pitt Academy’s 74th Anniversary. We know that Pitt Academy fills a vital education need in this community, and it is our goal to continue to provide an affordable alternative for those children who may struggle in a traditional school setting.
Pitt Academy uses a two tiered tuition system based upon the specific needs of the student. The Principal and Teaching Staff evaluate the specific needs of each student and designates an appropriate tier for that student. The tiers are based on projected costs of providing for the particular needs of each student.
Pitt Academy’s tuition & fees for the 2023-2024 school year:
- One-Time Non Refundable Registration & School Fee $500.00 per student
- Tier I Families Tuition $15,800.00
- Tier II Families Tuition $17,800.00
Tuition is payable in one of the following three options:
- Tuition can be paid in full by July 20, 2023. This means the school will receive full payment of tuition on or before July 20, 2023.
- Tuition can be paid in two* payments. The first one is due on July 20, 2023. The second payment is due on or before January 20, 2024.
- Families that do not choose the one or two payment option MUST enroll in the FACTS payment plan (see link below for new family set up). Payments will begin in July and will be set up on an 11 month installment plan (July-May). FACTS charges a one-time $45.00 processing fee, which is automatically deducted prior to the first withdrawal.
**Withdrawals after July 1, but prior to August 1, 2023 are subject to the following financial obligation:
- After July 1 – one month’s tuition is due
- One year’s tuition is due if a student withdraws after August 1. This is required because the hiring of teachers and staff is based upon anticipated enrollment. Requests for exceptions must be addressed to the Finance Committee, in writing, and will only be considered in extreme circumstances.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Any family with a past due balance at the end of a semester will not be allowed to return the next semester until their account is made current.
Pitt Academy does not split tuition between multiple parties. For example, if parents are divorced, Pitt Academy will NOT split the tuition between both parents. One parent/guardian/or single party will be solely responsible for the full tuition. This policy includes all current tuition accounts as well as new enrollments.
**Families that receive financial assistance will not be eligible to receive the one payment or two payment discount.
REGISTRATION/SCHOOL FEES: Registration/School Fees are non-refundable ($500.00).
EXTENDED SCHOOL SERVICE
ESS is an after-school care program that is staffed by Pitt Academy employees. Students in good behavioral standing are permitted to utilize the program. Any newly enrolled students must have prior approval from administration before participating. ESS is not provided every school day. Please check the school calendar for dates. The rates for the 2023-24 school year will be:
Pick-up between 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm $ 10.00
Pick-up between 3:31 pm – 5:00 pm $20.00
Pick-up between 5:01 pm – 5:30 pm $25.00
If not picked up by 5:30 pm, a charge of $5.00 per minute will be incurred.
*ESS is subject to cancellation due to staffing illness, inclement weather, early dismissal, etc.
Accounts that are 14+ business days past due will not be allowed to utilize the program
Pitt Academy has four sources of financial aid for qualified families. By completing the FACTS Application, you’re applying for all four of the offered financial aid sources. Please find the link below:
Families are responsible for applying for all scholarships on their own. The deadline to apply is January 31, 2023. The purpose of the Financial Aid Program at Pitt Academy is to provide assistance to our parents who are in need of such aid in order to meet the cost of their child’s tuition. The Board of Directors designates a limited amount of funds toward tuition assistance. Qualification for aid is determined by the Finance Committee. In awarding aid, the Committee takes into account the family size, ages and schools of children, additional dependents, all sources of income, debts and unusual expenses.
Each year the school receives a large number of requests for financial aid. The applications are reviewed by the Finance Committee. Each year, the Committee strives to allocate the available financial aid funds to where they are most needed.
FACTS Payment Plan Setup For New Families – Click Here