Discover What Can Be Achieved
There are many labels placed on special needs students. At Pitt Academy, we understand students don’t come with a “one-size-fits-all” label. In fact, we see our students as individuals: with a unique pattern of strengths, learning styles and challenges. We focus on a child’s abilities, not his or her disabilities.
Pitt Academy is a fully accredited Kindergarten through 12th grade school. Our individualized program, adapted curriculum, outstanding instructors and vibrant community are committed to helping our students develop the skills and self-confidence necessary to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
- Eat Mor Chikin - Tuesday, January 14th, 2014, is Pitt Academy Day at the Chick-fil-A in Stonybrook. All day Pitt Academy will receive 20% of any orders placed with the attached form. The address is 2350 Shane Drive, Louisville, KY 40220. Click here for their website and for online orders.
- ShopWithScrip.com - We are excited to add this new fundraising program just in time for the Holidays! With Scrip, you can purchase the gift cards you would normally get at retailers through the school. Participating retailers sell their gift cards to us at a discount, we sell them at face value, and the school receives the difference. [...]
- Santa’s Secret Shop - The Santa’s Secret Shop is back again this year! We liked to thank our PPO for sponsoring this event which allows our students the opportunity to shop for inexpensive gifts to purchase for their family members. In addition to being a fun activity, it is a great opportunity for the students to exercise their life [...]
- Can Goods for Needy Families - We are once again partnering with Guardian Angels Church this Holiday Season collecting can goods and non-perishables for families in need. Each student that brings in 5 or more can goods or non-perishable items by Wednesday, December 11th, will receive a dress down day the following Friday, December 13th. The student that brings in [...]
- Blanket Drive - Help us support a great cause and send in your gently used blankets and sheets for the “Blanket Louisville” drive. We are collecting donations from now until November 22nd. All donations will be distributed to over 25 different area shelters this winter season. For more information on this organization, click here Blanket Louisville
- Winter Weather Update - When weather conditions cause school openings to be questionable, Pitt Academy will follow the Catholic Elementary School decision. It will be announced (usually scrolling at the bottom of the television) on local news stations. If the decision is a delayed schedule, Pitt Academy will open the doors at 8:30 am and school will start at [...]
- GET YOUR POPCORN HERE! - We are excited to have partnered with The Popcorn Station to offer you the finest, freshest ingredients to guarantee you the ultimate popcorn treat! The three pack sampler cost $15.00 and the medium size tin cost $30.00. These will make wonderful holiday gifts and will be delivered in time for Thanksgiving and early Christmas distribution. [...]
- Uptown Art Fundriaser - Thanks to everyone who came out and joined us for this event that was held on Friday, September 27th, at 7:00 pm, at Uptown Art. Uptown Art. We sold out this event and even had a waiting list! It was a great way to spend a very fun evening. Thank [...]
- Youth Program of the Year Award - Pitt Academy has received the 2013 Bobby Ellis Youth Program of the Year Award from Dare to Care! It is an honor to have received this very special award! Dare to Care partners with over 59 Youth Programs. This year’s nominees included Maryhurst, Uspiritus (formerly known as Brooklawn Academy), YMCA Shelter House and Crawford Youth Services Bureau. Thank [...]