Discover What Can Be Achieved
There are many labels placed on special needs students. At Pitt Academy, we understand students don’t come with a “one-size-fits-all” label. In fact, we see our students as individuals: with a unique pattern of strengths, learning styles and challenges. We focus on a child’s abilities, not his or her disabilities.
Pitt Academy is a fully accredited Kindergarten through 12th grade school. Our individualized program, adapted curriculum, outstanding instructors and vibrant community are committed to helping our students develop the skills and self-confidence necessary to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
- 29th Annual Bar-B-Q Pitt Festival - On Saturday, May 18, 2013, from 4-11 pm, the aroma of smoking meats and burgoo will fill the air around Pitt Academy announcing the 29th Annual Bar-B-Q Pitt Festival. The award-winning food, outstanding music, children’s area and game booths provide something for everyone! Click here for more information.
- Youth Program of the Year Award - Pitt Academy has received the 2013 Bobby Ellis Youth Program of the Year Award from Dare to Care! It is an honor to have received this very special award! Dare to Care partners with over 59 Youth Programs. This year’s nominees included Maryhurst, Uspiritus (formerly known as Brooklawn Academy), YMCA Shelter House and Crawford Youth Services Bureau. Thank [...]
- May 10th is Graduation Day! - Congrats to our 2013 Graduates! Graduation Day is May 10th at 7:00 pm. Please note the new location for our graduation service is Down Syndrome of Louisville, 5001 South Hurstbourne Parkway, Louisville, KY 40291. We look forward to seeing you then.
- 2013 Prom - Prom was held on April 12th, 2013. Everyone had a great time!
- Pre-Registration and Financial Aid Deadline - It is important for all students planning on attending Pitt Academy for the 2013-14 school year register. Pre-Registration and Financial Aid Forms were due by March 15th. Any registrations received after March 15 will owe a $200.00 registration fee. To secure your student’s enrollment for next school year, please register asap.
- Clothing Drive - For the month of March we will be having a clothing drive to benefit Cedar Lake Lodge. Please send in clean clothing items that have been lightly worn. Every student who brings in an article of clothing will receive a dress down day to be set by the school. Whoever brings in the most clothing [...]
- Texas Hold ‘Em - Thank you to Mike Walls and the Guardian Angels Men’s Club for hosting a Texas Hold ‘em event on Saturday, March 2, 2013, at 7:00 pm in the school cafeteria. Thank you to all who came out and played and all the volunteers who helped. You are wonderful friends to Pitt Academy!
- Parents Night Out - A great time was had by all at our second Parents Night Out event last Friday, February 8th. Parents did whatever they wanted to do while the students stayed at school from 3-9 pm. We had games, crafts, karaoke, movies, pizza, popcorn and loads of fun!!!
- Cheerleaders Are National Champions!!! - Pitt Academy Cheerleaders take the National Championship!!! Congratulations to our cheerleaders on becoming the National Champions at the Cheersport Nationals in Atlanta, Georgia this past weekend! This was only their second appearance at this huge event that brings in Cheerleading squads from all over the United States including approximately 20 special needs teams. The team [...]
- Open House & Pre-Registration - Thank you to all who attended our Open House & Pre-Registration for the 2013-14 School Year on Tuesday, February 12th. If you were not able to attend, please call the school for a personal tour. Pre-Registration and Financial Aid Forms are due by March 15th.
- Kroger & Target Cards - Thank you to everyone who is using their Kroger Gift Card and their Target REDcard. If you have not yet purchased your Kroger Gift Card, it’s so easy! Just send in a $5.00 check made out to Pitt Academy in an envelope and write Kroger on it and we will get you a card with [...]
- WHAS Crusade For Children PJ Benefit - Thanks to all our students and staff that participated in our WHAS Crusade For Children fundraiser. Everyone who donated $2.00 was able to wear their favorite pajamas to school on January 11, 2013. It was a fun day and a great way to support a friend to Pitt Academy – The WHAS [...]
- Santa Visits Pitt! - Thank you to the Highview Fire Department for escorting Santa for a visit on December 18th! Santa past out presents to every student here at school. It was no surprise that all of our students were on his Nice List! Merry Christmas! Ho! Ho! Ho!
- Ms. Renee gets a pie in the face! - As promised, the student who brought in the most can goods during our can good drive got to give Ms. Renee a pie in the face! Congrats to Josh Cope for donating the most can goods! I think he enjoyed his prize!
- Parents Night Out - A fun time was had by all during our Parents Night Out event on Friday, December 14th. Parents were able to shop, have a date night or whatever they wanted to do while the students stayed at school from 3-9 pm. We had games, crafts, karaoke, movies, pizza, popcorn and loads of fun!!! We [...]
- Santa’s Secret Shop - Thank you to the PTO for sponsoring Santa’s Secret Shop that allowed our students the opportunity to shop for inexpensive gifts to purchase for their family members. In addition to being a fun activity, it was a great opportunity for the students to exercise their life skills abilities. We greatly appreciate Tonya Cope for organizing [...]
- Can Goods for Needy Families - Thank you to everyone who participated in our can goods drive for Guardian Angels Church Christmas Baskets. Our students brought in over 400 cans! One lucky student will get to THROW A PIE in principal Ms. Renee’s face!!!
- Blanket Drive - Thanks to everyone who supported our blanket drive for Blanket Louisville! We had a wonderful response – collecting over 75 blankets! The Student Council will be hosting an Ice Cream Party on Monday, November 19th, for all students and staff that made a donation. For more information on this organization, click here Blanket Louisville
- Thanksgiving Luncheon - We had a wonderful turn out of Friends and Family at our Thanksgiving Lunch! Everyone enjoyed a delicious meal prepared by Ms. Sonya and served by our wonderful teachers and staff. Thanks to everyone who was able to attend.
- Costume Day - A fun filled day of super heroes and princesses and everything in between.
- Field Trip to Huber’s - Primary through High School attended this field trip. Students went on a tractor ride, picked a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch and ate at Huber’s Restaurant!
- Bellarmine College Art Class - Thursday, October 18th, we had a special art class for our Primary/Intermediate class rooms prepared by Bellaramine student volunteers. We love our volunteers from Bellarmine!
- Fall Festival - THANKS EVERYONE WHO WAS ABLE TO ATTEND! WE HAD A GREAT TIME! Friday, October 12th, from 6:00-8:00. Join the fun at our annual fall festival with a spaghetti dinner – $5.00 per person, $3.00 for children under 6, Fun and Games including cake walk, pumpkin toss, face painting, halloween bingo and much more!