Pitt Academy, formerly Ursuline Pitt School, was founded by Monsignor Felix Newton Pitt in 1949 to provide education and training for children who were unable to profit from the traditional methods of regular classroom instruction, because of learning problems.

His innovative ideas included special help in reading, writing and math in resource-type rooms; assistance for the classroom teachers in dealing with children with special needs; and the opportunity for children with special needs to succeed in the school environment.

For over 60 years, in our little school, the core mission of Monsignor Pitt has thrived and adapted.  The world has changed around us and we have changed with it, but the need for a safe, secure and loving individualized education for special need children is as critical today as it was in 1949.